The G2 spray cryotherapy device was introduced to the market in 2007 for endoscopic ablation and has since been adopted in clinical practice at leading healthcare facilities across the country. Based on customer feedback and utilization of the G2 device, CSA Medical® developed the new truFreeze System.
Stopping Disease Cold
The truFreeze System is CSA Medical’s latest advance in spray cryotherapy technology. The device uses a patented technology to deliver extremely cold (-196° C) liquid nitrogen through a small catheter to produce touch-less flash freezing of a variety of tissue surfaces. During this process, cells are selectively destroyed while the underlying collagen tissue structure is preserved providing a scaffold for healthy tissue to re-grow.
The new truFreeze System was developed based on clinical user feedback and features a number of design enhancements:
- Improved thermal and pressure control with less gas pressure in vivo
- Integrated pressure sensing capabilities to allow real-time pressure monitoring for improved control and safety while passive venting
- Two flow settings combined with active and passive venting options for increased procedure flexibility
- Uniform, non-pulsing flow for a consistent, touch-free delivery of cryogen to the ablation site
- New stainless steel reinforced catheter enables 180 degree retroflex allowing access to previously inaccessible ablation areas
- Built-in active suction with high and low warnings
- 60% smaller console footprint for a better fit in the gastroenterology suite or operating room
- 80% less set-up time with automated start-up diagnostics for faster preparation
- Touch screen for fast, simple and intuitive operation
- Automated pre-cooling for faster procedure times
- Faster and simpler liquid nitrogen filling process